none
Problems with Windows 10 and v3 printer driver development with unidrv.dll RRS feed

• Question

• I have a postscript virtual printer driver.The postscript printer driver takes the data from spool, converts it to EMF and renders the thumbnails to the application. This is working fine on windows 7 , windows 8  with internet explorer and windows 10 with edge as well as internet explorer.

I have changed this to V3 printer driver (Virtual).  For this I have used the unidrv.dll, unidrvui.dll, unires.dll , a sample GPD file and Using the existing print processor ( The same which is used with postscript printer driver). When I install this on windows 7 it works perfectly fine but on Windows 10  get following problems. 

1. Open Microsoft edge  and try to print to the printer Get the message "We could not reach this printer. Make sure the printer is on and you are connected to the printers network, or try a different printer".

2.Open the internet explorer and try to print to printer, it displays installed printer in the list but when clicked on print the print job is not displayed in the printers queue and not printed.

Any suggestions!!

Monday, February 8, 2016 12:30 PM