none
LocalReport.SetParameters crashes sometimes RRS feed

• Question

• I have a windows service application in VB.NET and sometime I have the error Microsoft.Reporting.WinForms.LocalReport.SetParameters(IEnumerable`1 parameters)

Once this error happens the service does not work and since the ReadSQLTimer.Elapsed will run on the next few seconds it generates errors again until I stop my service and start again under Windows services. Once start again I send the same report with the same parameters and it works so it's not something related to the data.

The code I have is:

Public ParamList As New Generic.List(Of ReportParameter)

Public ReportViewer1 As New ReportViewer

ReportViewer1.Visible = False
                    ReportViewer1.LocalReport.ReportPath = "C:\REPORTS\Myreport.rdlc"

ParamList.Add(New ReportParameter("Customer1", "*" & Trim(Me.customer1) & "*"))

ParamList.Add(New ReportParameter("Customer2", "*" & Trim(Me.customer2) & "*"))

ReportViewer1.LocalReport.SetParameters(ParamList)

It's really causing a lot of trouble because we don't know when the error will happen. Please I need some help what can I do.

Thanks in advance

Jenn

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 8:57 PM

All replies

• One thing you can do is write all your current param values to disk in your TRY/CATCH statements.. Then you could see what the values were when it fails..

Good luck!

Friday, October 1, 2010 9:46 AM