How to get Notepad ? RRS feed

• Question

• I have "windows Explorer Shell Resources" added to my answer file .. but
    there is no Notepad on the device.
    Any idea how to add it?

Thursday, April 7, 2011 4:40 PM

Answers

• Windows Explorer Shell Resources is the foundation element to notepad but it does not include notepad.  The documentation usually does not mention the files included in the packages.

When you search, make sure you select "Search file names in packages" and notepad should show up.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ivan

• Marked as answer by F. McLion Friday, April 8, 2011 7:31 AM
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 8:35 PM

All replies

• User Interface->Windows Shell->Accessories is what you need to add.

If you have Image Configuration Editor installed, you can use it to easily search for file names and locate the package that contains the files.

Ivan

Thursday, April 7, 2011 5:20 PM
  • I'll check the Accessories tomorrow.

According the Help of ICE, Notepad should be included with the Windows Explorer Shell Resources which it is not.

Search does not return any results on Notepad.

Thursday, April 7, 2011 8:22 PM
  • Windows Explorer Shell Resources is the foundation element to notepad but it does not include notepad.  The documentation usually does not mention the files included in the packages.

When you search, make sure you select "Search file names in packages" and notepad should show up.  Let me know if you have any other questions.

Ivan

• Marked as answer by F. McLion Friday, April 8, 2011 7:31 AM
    Thursday, April 7, 2011 8:35 PM
  • You're right about the search. It returns it as part of the Accessories.

However, the Help is saying something else:

Help of Accessories:

This package includes accessory programs, such as Calculator, Paint, and WordPad, in addition to Sidebar gadgets like Clock, Feed Headlines, and Weather.

Help of Windows Explorer Shell Resources:

This package includes the more powerful interface (when compared with the shell provided by the Shell Controls and UI Support Functions package) of Windows Explorer, which is a foundational element to many other programs and features such as cursors, accessibility functionality, Notepad, and items in Control Panel.

.. or I may simply misinterpret the Help.

Thanks anyway.

Franz

Friday, April 8, 2011 6:42 AM