none
Javascript API for Kinect in Windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• I am wondering if there are plans to expose the Kinect API to the new JavaScript to WinRT layer in Windows 8? I know the current SDK doesn't work with Windows 8, I am looking for information for once the port has been completed.

As a front end developer I am excited about the new possibilities opening to me with Windows 8 and can't wait to do something with the Kinect.

Monday, March 12, 2012 12:37 AM

Answers

All replies

• The 1.0 SDK installs and works on Win8 just like Win7. There is no added functionality with RT yet. We are working on that, but at this time, you should see no difference when installing and working on Win8.

Monday, March 12, 2012 4:42 AM
  • Trying searching the kinect forums for javascript and you will find a javascript component for kinect someone has made but I think they just expose the kinect libraries to com that allows javascript to use it. In order to use dsf(device simulation framework) with javascript or vbscript the libraries must be exposed as com components.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

Monday, March 12, 2012 7:48 PM