Team Site Themes RRS feed

• Question

• MOSS 2007 using default master page. I choose for all sites to inherit the master page from the main site and once that was done the team sites lost the ability to change their site theme.

When changing site a theme only the font color changes in the left navigation pane. If you edit the site settings of a team site you are able to see the choosen theme. Prior to me choosing for all sites to inherit the master page sites were able to change their theme.

Any help will be appreciated.

Mark

• Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Tuesday, March 29, 2011 4:10 PM customization q not general (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 3:22 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

On the sub site after changing theme do reset to site definition.

The option is under Site Action > Site settings > Look and Feel

Please let us update after above testing

Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/
    Tuesday, March 29, 2011 3:57 PM
  • Thanks Pratik for your reply,

After performing the reset to site definition there is no change to the site. I selected Reset specfic page to site definition version, for the local URL of the page I entered the URL for the team site.

Only the font in the left navigation pane has the theme applied and also when I choose site actions the drop down has the theme applied along with the Mylinks  at the top of the page and also all of the webpart drop downs (to modify the webart, minimize or close) have the theme applied.

Note: I can create a new team site and I am able to change the site theme. I just cannot change the theme of any exsisting team sites

Mark

Mark Seaman

Tuesday, March 29, 2011 4:26 PM