Internet Explorer Problem? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
    Im having a very strange problem and Im wondering if it is a setting in Internet Explorer. I tried to access an online shopping cart in IE, and could not get to the Payment page. It simply looped around and endlessly asked me for my details.
    You might be thinking that this is just a badly designed website, however, i tried to do this on other machines and it worked perfectly fine!

Is there a setting in IE that doesnt allow access to interactive pages such as a checkout? Or is it some other setting of the computer?

Thanks,
    Rebecca
    Tuesday, October 18, 2005 7:53 AM

Answers

• It might be a security setting. Check if cookies are allowed for this page - a red icon will appear in the status bar of IE if they're not.

Some web sites use cookies to identify your session, and see you as a new user when they can't store the cookie on your machine.

To change this setting, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy. Either move the slider down, or click on Sites to allow cookies for this particular site only.
    Tuesday, October 18, 2005 3:24 PM

All replies

• It might be a security setting. Check if cookies are allowed for this page - a red icon will appear in the status bar of IE if they're not.

Some web sites use cookies to identify your session, and see you as a new user when they can't store the cookie on your machine.

To change this setting, go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Privacy. Either move the slider down, or click on Sites to allow cookies for this particular site only.
    Tuesday, October 18, 2005 3:24 PM
  • Hi, what version of IE are you using? I had the folowing problem:

IE Version is 7.0.5730.11

Is it just me, or have others had this problem? I had the final release of Internet Explorer 7. I have removed it.

During two attempts two print a shipping label at a secure Paypal site, Internet Explorer 7 quit when I clicked on "Pay and Continue." It displayed: "Intnernet Explorer 7 has cause an error and will close...," message on the screen and then the Error Reporting kicked in.

IE 7 has done the same thing other times as well. I have Java 5 Update 9 and the latest flash.

I uninstalled IE 7 and now running IE 6 for XP SP2.  I have not tried to print from a secure site  as before where there has to be a popup to start the printing.

Popup blocker is turned off turned off. Goggle tool bar is disabled. The payment was sent both times, but no print.

So what else could it be?

Friday, November 3, 2006 4:59 AM