[PHP] PHP7 not loaded RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm currently running a Laravel web application in Azure web app. It successfully runs on PHP5.6, but I like to migrate to PHP7 since this is generally available now. But i'm not able to let the web app load PHP7.0.

I configured PHP7 in Application Settings from the Azure portal, but when I run phpinfo() it still shows PHP5.6. I noticed that the PHP switch in Application Settings has effect on the CLI version. The CLI version (used in Kudu) is using PHP7 but the IIS version is not.

Hope someone can help me with this.

Regards,

Chris

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 12:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check this article once, Create, configure, and deploy a PHP web app to Azure:

https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/documentation/articles/app-service-web-php-get-started/

Regards,
    Azam han

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 5:25 PM
  • Hi Azam,

Thanks for your reply. I was not aware of this article, but the only relevant part for me is the PHP version. The article inspired me to use azure cli, but this results in an error:

error:   Invalid value: 7.0. Options are: off,5.4,5.5,5.6.

I did not get this error by using Azure portal! But this is a reason why my web app stays at php 5.6, although I don't know why...

Do you know why php 7.0 is not an option?

Regards,

Chris

Thursday, August 11, 2016 6:46 AM
  • Hi,

Can someone who also experienced this problem and know how to solve this help? Azam, hope you or other Microsoft colleague can help here.

Regards,

Chris

Wednesday, August 17, 2016 7:26 AM
  • Wednesday, August 17, 2016 12:29 PM
  • Hi Azam,

Thanks for your response. I read the announcements, especially the latest which states PHP7 is generally available. I thought that 'generally available' with the selectable option means PHP7 is now available without installing the site extension, like the situation with PHP5 in web apps.

Generally availability of PHP7 still means I have to install a site extension? But why is PHP7 selectable in the web app configuration if it won't work without installing the extension? This is really confusing.

Regards,

Chris

Thursday, August 18, 2016 4:53 AM
  • Hi,

Currently site extension is needed.

Regards,
    Azam khan

Friday, August 19, 2016 12:02 PM
  • Hi Chris

Did you get it working? I have the same problem, phpinfo still shows php5.4, even when selecting php 7 in Application Settings and installing the site extension...

Is there a manual step needed when installing the site extension from scm?

Thanks,

David

Monday, June 5, 2017 12:01 PM