Metro style apps not working in Windows Developer Preview

Question

• i am using win8 dev on my aser aspire one netbook..... everything is working fine but the metro apps are not working. when i click on the app icon nothing happens..... help me.... plz
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:16 AM

Answers

• On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 09:16:28 +0000, amitkrt10 wrote:

i am using win8 dev on my aser aspire one netbook..... everything is working fine but the metro apps are not working. when i click on the app icon nothing happens..... help me.... plz

What display resolution are you running? The minimum for the Metro apps is
    1024x768.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Forefront Identity Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    Those who can't write, write help files.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:20 AM
  • Hi amitkrt10,

please try to get all the updates, especially that of display drivers. If updates don't bring the recommended resolution, look for issues in the Device Manager indicated by yellow exclamation marks. Try updating from the Device Manager by clicking on Display Adapter then right clicking on your graphic device and selecting to update Automatically. If you still do not get your Metro Apps working, go to the manufacturer's site and download the latest Windows7 display drivers, if that of WDP are unavailable, and install them. If that doesn't work either, install them in Compatibility Mode, with Windows7.
    Also, please check if your UAC is enabled, it usually is, by default; and that you are logged in using your Live ID. 

Irfan
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 1:14 PM

All replies

• On Sun, 29 Jan 2012 09:16:28 +0000, amitkrt10 wrote:

i am using win8 dev on my aser aspire one netbook..... everything is working fine but the metro apps are not working. when i click on the app icon nothing happens..... help me.... plz

What display resolution are you running? The minimum for the Metro apps is
    1024x768.

Paul Adare
    MVP - Forefront Identity Manager
    http://www.identit.ca
    Those who can't write, write help files.

Sunday, January 29, 2012 9:20 AM
  • Hi amitkrt10,

please try to get all the updates, especially that of display drivers. If updates don't bring the recommended resolution, look for issues in the Device Manager indicated by yellow exclamation marks. Try updating from the Device Manager by clicking on Display Adapter then right clicking on your graphic device and selecting to update Automatically. If you still do not get your Metro Apps working, go to the manufacturer's site and download the latest Windows7 display drivers, if that of WDP are unavailable, and install them. If that doesn't work either, install them in Compatibility Mode, with Windows7.
    Also, please check if your UAC is enabled, it usually is, by default; and that you are logged in using your Live ID. 

Irfan
    Sunday, January 29, 2012 1:14 PM