I need "Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Framework" dll (version 10.0.30319.1) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Friends,

I have started working with Coded UI automation. I have encountered an error with CodedUI. This error is due to the version problem of Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Framework dll. I need this dll exactly in 10.0.30319.1 version. Can anyone provide me this DLL?

Thanks & Regards,

RajYogi

• Edited by RajYogi Friday, December 7, 2012 6:26 AM
    • Changed type RajYogi Friday, December 7, 2012 6:41 AM
    Friday, December 7, 2012 6:18 AM

Answers

• Hi RajYogi,

Glad to receive your reply.

Maybe I misunderstood this issue, it seems that you installed the VS2010 and VS2012 in the same machine, am I right? If so, which VS2010 version are you using, VS2010 ultimate or others?

I check the property of the Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Framework dll in the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies, it is the 10.0.30319.1 version after I installed the SP1 and the FP2. But the VS2010 Ultimate version is 10.040219.1, so I doubt that it is related to your VS2010 installing. Please check whether it supported the coded UI test.

http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-gb/products

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Raj,

Can you please let us know exactly what you did before you started getting this error ?

Also details about you installation ? Which SKU you have installed and which version

Thanks

Aditya Kumar Agrawal (MSFT)

Friday, December 7, 2012 8:06 AM
  • Hi Raj,

Can you please let us know exactly what you did before you started getting this error ?

Also details about you installation ? Which SKU you have installed and which version

Thanks

Aditya Kumar Agrawal (MSFT)

Hi Aditya,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Please find the details below:

Version : VS2012 Ultimate

Issue : codeduibuilder.exe throws exception in Coded UI Automation while capturing particular region.

Exception Details:

System.NullReferenceException was unhandled
      Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      Source=Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Framework
      StackTrace:
           at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Framework.SwitchingHelper.GetChildrenEnumerator(IUITechnologyElement element, Object parsedQueryIdCookie)
           at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Framework.UITestService.GetChildren(IUITechnologyElement element, Object parsedQueryIdCookie)
           at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Framework.UITestService.GetFirstChild(UITechnologyElement element)
           at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.UITestControl.GetNavigationElement(UITechnologyElement currentElement, NavigationType navigationType)
           at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITesting.UITestControl.get_FirstChild()
           at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.CodedUITest.Controls.UIControlLocator.UIControlFinder.Navigate(UITestControl source, NavigationDirection dir, NavigationStates& navigationResult)
           at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.CodedUITest.Controls.UIControlLocator.UIControlFinder.UpdateNavigationButtons(UITestControl element)
           at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.CodedUITest.Controls.UIControlLocator.UIControlFinder.CaptureControl(UITestControl element)
           at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.CodedUITest.Controls.UIControlLocator.UIControlFinder.PlaybackThreadproc()
           at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
           at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
           at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
           at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
      InnerException:

Thanks & Regards,

RajYogi

Friday, December 7, 2012 9:59 AM
  • Thanks for Aditya ‘s help

Hi Raj,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN forum.

System.NullReferenceException was unhandled   Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.   Source=Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Framework

Just to make this issue clearly, whether this coded UI test is record by you?  Which kind of app you are testing? Whether all coded UI tests have the same issue? Maybe you could record a simple coded UI test for the windows Calculator, check the result.

I did some research about this error, and I found that there are similar threads about this issue.

It is related to the Coded UI extension for the Excel.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/da/vsautotest/thread/7b69b053-183c-47fe-be49-b1eba8ba63b1

Another thread, it is related to the Playback.Initialize().

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10590785/wpf-codedui-test-programmatically-launching-application

If I have misunderstood anything, please make free feel to let us know.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Monday, December 10, 2012 11:02 AM
  • Hi Jack,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Please find the details below:

I have installed VS 2010 with feature pack 2 and service pack 1. Currently i am trying to automate Grid WPF samples with Coded UI. In case of Windows calculator, it is working fine without any crashes. While trying with my control (Grid WPF), when capturing particular region by crosshair, codedUibuilder get crashed and showing framework related Exception.

In my system, i am having Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Framework dll  in 10.0.40219.415 version. My friend suggested me that, if we use 10.0.30319.1 assembly version means problem will get resolve. But after the assembly replace, i got a new error that “corresponding version not matched with Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Framework.UITestService”. Please suggest me some idea to overcome this problem.

Thanks & Regards,

RajYogi

Thursday, December 13, 2012 6:41 AM
  • Hi RajYogi,

Glad to receive your reply.

Maybe I misunderstood this issue, it seems that you installed the VS2010 and VS2012 in the same machine, am I right? If so, which VS2010 version are you using, VS2010 ultimate or others?

I check the property of the Microsoft.VisualStudio.TestTools.UITest.Framework dll in the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\PublicAssemblies, it is the 10.0.30319.1 version after I installed the SP1 and the FP2. But the VS2010 Ultimate version is 10.040219.1, so I doubt that it is related to your VS2010 installing. Please check whether it supported the coded UI test.

http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/en-gb/products

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:27 AM
  • Hi RajYogi,

I am writing to check the status of the issue on your side. 

What about this problem now?

Would you mind letting us know the result of the suggestion?

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]

Monday, December 17, 2012 9:32 AM
  • Hi Jack,

can you please provide me details about requirements for coded UI Automation.

Regards,

poornima jayabalan

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 9:56 AM