none
drop down menus RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to develop a lesson plan template on a Word 2007 document.  On it, I have placed a table with the categories I want for my lesson plan.  One of the table cells is "Common Core Standards" and I want to place a drop down menu there of standards from which i can select those pertinent to the particular plan.  In other words, if this is a lesson plan for writing, I want to put all the writing Common Core State Standards in a list, and once I select the 2 or 3 that pertain to this writing lesson, only those standards will show on my plan.  Help!
    Friday, August 16, 2013 7:22 PM

All replies

• Your question is about Microsoft Word, right?  I ask because this is a forum devoted to Microsoft Access (the database program), so I don't think it's the best forum for your question.

Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP
    Access tips: www.datagnostics.com/tips.html

Friday, August 16, 2013 7:56 PM
  • Hi tlbeehler

I think Jeffrey Chen's recommendation that you ask in the IT Pro forum is incorrect, as the requirement "once I select the 2 or 3 that pertain to this writing lesson, only those standards will show on my plan" can only be achieved using code.

How do you envision that the code know which type of plan the document/table should be?

Where would the information be stored for each set of standards?

What kind of VBA/programming background do you have?

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP, my blog

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 10:37 AM