[UWP]Dual SIM sms App RRS feed

• Question

• I am developing an app sending SMS messages. I use SmsDevice class for that purpouse. I get SmsDevice2 instance using 

SmsDevice2 _device = SmsDevice2.GetDefault();

I want users using dual SIM phones to be able to choose the SIM the message will be send from. How can I do that ?

In SmsDevice2 there is a method called FromId returning SmsDevice2 instance, but where to find the Ids of the SIMs?

Another reasonable method I found is the GetDeviceSelector which, according to documentation, retrieves the class selection string that can be used to enumerate SMS devices.

But how can I get SMS devices from the returned string (the class selection string)?

Regards,

Martin

Saturday, December 10, 2016 2:28 PM

All replies

• Hi MartinnSM,

I am working on this thread and I am confirming some information with the related team, I will update it in here once there is any progress.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 7:20 AM
  • The pattern of use for device enumeration is as follows:

var devices = await DeviceInformation.FindAllAsync( SmsDevice2.GetDeviceSelector() );

foreach ( DeviceInformation di in devices )

{

SmsDevice2 smsDevice = SmsDevice2.FromId( di.id );

// to obtain IccId of associated SIM for the sms device.

var iccId = MobileBroadbandModem.FromId(smsDevice.ParentDeviceId).DeviceInformation.SimIccId;

}

Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:33 PM