none
HTTP 401 Unautorised Error when calling webservice from Class Library in Biztalk Solution RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All..
    I have problem in calling webservice from class library in Biztalk Solution . Actually when i used Default credentials its working fine but when i user any other account it gives error 

The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized 
    Actually i am updating Infopath form library, for that i wrote webservice to access form library.
    So to give authorisation i gave full control to 2nd user account on form library and in inetmgr also i gave permissions to 2nd user account.
    Still its not working.
    Pls guide me in correct direction

Thanks 
    Sandeep
    Tuesday, January 13, 2009 1:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Sandeep,

You can gather the logs of the IIS server that hosts the web service to check which account is used to call the WS and fails to pass the authentication. Make sure this account requires proper NTFS file system permission on the web service directory.

The recent log files can be found in \System32\LogFiles\W3SVC[n]\ directory (n here is the Site ID which can be viewed in the right panel by clicking Web Sites folder in IIS).

Thanks,
    WenJun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, January 20, 2009 9:50 AM