Problem with beta-version application installation on device via store RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I've prepared a major update of my WP8.1 Silverlight application.

The update included some small changes and included in-app purchase option.

The application compiles with no errors, launches properly on any emulator. The first strange problem is when I tried to deploy the application from Visual Studio to my Lumia phone (Release settings, ARM processor). Visual Studio shown an error like "Could not install the application. Contact the software vendor" (it was localized error, I have manually translated it to english). It happened a couple of times so I decided to publish my application to my phone using Windows Phone Application Deployment Tool 8.1 and it worked perfectly. Application is now installed on my phone and works as expected.

But having in mind the Visual Studio error that I haven't experienced before, I created a beta-version of this app so I could make sure none of my users gets any problems when updating their versions of the application from the store. Beta-version certification passed, but when I try to install it on my phone, I ALWAYS got "Attention required. Tap here" error. When I do so, I've got an error message something like that:

"That the application couldn't be installed. If it happens for the first time, try again later. If not, please check in Settings -> Updates and check if your phone software version is up to date."

And this happens all over and over again. I've got the latest Lumia Denim version of software.

What can be wrong with it? The strange thing is that the public version of exact the same app has passed the certification already, but I don't want to publish it until I make sure my beta version installs with no problems on my phone. I don't want my users to experience the same issue as me with my beta version.

What is the problem and how can it be solved?

Thank you in advance

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 10:31 AM

Answers

• I would try and publish it as a beta again.  Maybe something went wrong when it was published as a beta.
    • Marked as answer by mmaciekksz Tuesday, March 10, 2015 6:04 PM
    Tuesday, March 10, 2015 11:29 AM

All replies

• I would try and publish it as a beta again.  Maybe something went wrong when it was published as a beta.
    • Marked as answer by mmaciekksz Tuesday, March 10, 2015 6:04 PM
    Tuesday, March 10, 2015 11:29 AM
  • Thank you for your response.

It solved problem. I don't know why, but previous versions were working flawlessly (this was like 3rd or 4th update).

Anyways - resubmitting it as a separate beta application worked.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 6:05 PM