none
Configuration Descriptor RRS feed

• Question

• I understand that the configuration descriptor of a USB device contains information about the various interfaces /functions supported by a USB device. I have a USB audio device. When I switch on the Config Descriptors option in USBView tool for this device, I see that there are several other descriptors other than interface and endpoint descriptors. These are descriptors like Audio control Interface Header descriptor, audio control input terminal descriptor, Audio Streaming Class Specific Interface descriptor etc.etc. My question is -  are these descriptors part of the Configuration Descriptors of this device like Interface/EndPoint descriptors. I seem to believe that only interface and endpoint descriptors constitute the Configuration Descriptor. Please correct my understanding.
    Thursday, August 4, 2016 12:19 PM

Answers

• The config descriptor contains many descriptor types, this is why there is a type and size field as a common header. Your assumption that it only contains interface and endpoint descriptors is incorrect

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, August 5, 2016 5:59 AM

All replies

• The config descriptor contains many descriptor types, this is why there is a type and size field as a common header. Your assumption that it only contains interface and endpoint descriptors is incorrect

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, August 5, 2016 5:59 AM
  • Thank you, Doron.
    Friday, August 5, 2016 6:09 AM