none
Server 2012 R2 networking vs. Server 2003 R2 networking RRS feed

• Question

• Might there be a difference between server 2012 R2 networking and server 2003 R2 networking that could cause remote device disconnects?  I haven't been able to find one.

I recently upgraded a Server 2003 R2 to Server 2012 R2, and an important app stopped working at only our one remote site.

The app is a thin client running on a mobile scanner computer running CE6 connecting wirelessly to an access point.  It connects (opens a socket) to the 2012 R2 server and exchanges data (screen displays and keyboard inputs).  These CE6 devices are running over a wide area network using Fortinet routers connecting to the server over the internet.

All the local CE6 devices work normally, as they always have.  The remove devices connect, then after about six seconds, they disconnect from the server.

Might there be a difference between 2012 and 2003 networking that could cause this problem?  I haven't been able to find one.

How do I troubleshoot this problem?  Pings from the CE6 devices range from 40ms to 300ms.  I don't believe that is the problem.

How can I monitor the sockets on the server to identify when the socket has been disconnected, and maybe even why?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much in advance.

PS: I hope I used the correct forum category, I didn't see anything else that matched my problem.

Monday, October 7, 2019 12:29 AM