User Account System in Metro App Windows 8 [Visual Basic 2012 for Win 8]

Question

• Hi !

I'm a beginner , please don't judge me for the following questions! :)

I'm using C# via Visual Basic 2012.

I want to create a Login System for my Metro App. I want that each user of my app, to register and have a account.

In the user account i want to have a system credit. I want that each user to have 3 credits(for example). With that credits the user can do some special. For example, by clicking a button 1 credit will spend. And so on.

I want to be able to give credits to an account .(somehow)

Can i do this ? If yes, how?

Thursday, June 26, 2014 8:07 PM

Answers

• Hi Torge,

UserInformation class might be a good API for you to identify the current user account in the local machine.

But I don't think you can get all user information from current user, in another word, Windows store app runs in a sandbox mode, we cannot get system information.

And I don't know what do you mean by "give credits to an account"? Let's say if you can have the account list, you can save the credits information in your server or somewhere in local.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

• Marked as answer by Torge Adelin Monday, June 30, 2014 10:38 AM
    Friday, June 27, 2014 2:41 AM
  • or use FAcebook / Microsoft authentication then you don't need to implement your own identity system again. You can have a look at the Live SDK.

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Friday, June 27, 2014 6:27 AM

All replies

• Hi Torge,

UserInformation class might be a good API for you to identify the current user account in the local machine.

But I don't think you can get all user information from current user, in another word, Windows store app runs in a sandbox mode, we cannot get system information.

And I don't know what do you mean by "give credits to an account"? Let's say if you can have the account list, you can save the credits information in your server or somewhere in local.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, June 27, 2014 2:41 AM
  • or use FAcebook / Microsoft authentication then you don't need to implement your own identity system again. You can have a look at the Live SDK.

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Friday, June 27, 2014 6:27 AM