none
Error code 0x80070002 when installing net frame 3.5 in windows 10

Question

• Can anyone tell me how I can get .net Frame 3.5 to install sucessfully.  I keep getting this erroe when I try to install it!
    Thursday, May 9, 2019 2:26 AM

All replies

• Hi Muddiewatters,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

The error normally indicates that “the system cannot find the file specified”. for that, you should first check if the .NET Framework 3.5 is available in the Control Panel. if it is, you may enable it from the Control Panel to install it on the computer. To check if the.NET Framework 3.5 is available in Control Panel and to enable it, please follow these steps:

a) Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard.

b) Type “appwiz.cpl” in the “Run” command box and press “ENTER”.

c) In the “Programs and Features” window, click on the link “Turn Windows features on or off”.

d) Check if the “.NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)” option is available in it.

e) If yes, then enable it and then click on “OK”.

f) Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and restart the computer, if prompted.

if above solution cannot help you,

You can try installing it using your Windows installation media.

• If you don't have the installation media, see Create installation media for Windows.

Sincerely

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, May 9, 2019 6:15 AM