none
Color printing in VS2017 ?? RRS feed

• Question

• How do I setup VS2017 to color print source code to a paper printer?  Is it doable ? I had VS2013 working at one point in time ..

TIA

Robert Somerville

Tuesday, June 11, 2019 4:33 PM

All replies

• Robert,

VScodePrint extension enables you to print professional style printouts of Visual Studio source code directly from the Visual Studio Editor.

Sergey Vlasov | Vlasov Studio | Innovative Visual Studio extensions and tools

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 2:49 AM
  • Thanks, I will check into it further.. I earlier tried the Demo 2017 version, but it seemed to hang VS2017 ( it is a very large project ) .

robert somerville

Wednesday, June 12, 2019 7:28 PM
  • Hi robert somerville,

Sorry for bothering you.

Could the VScodePrint  extension help you? If not, we suggest you could also use visual studio code with PrintCode extension to print your code.

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 11:44 AM
  • VScodePrint 2017 hangs.  I believe that PrintCode is for VisualStudio CODE, which i think is different from the Visual Studio 2017 that I am using , is that correct ? At least VS2017 in not offering PrintCode as an install option . Please correct me if i am mistaken ..

Cheers:

Robert Somerville

robert somerville

Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:09 PM
  • Hi robert someville,

Thank you for reply.

As you said, the PrintCode is for VisualStudio Code, It is different form Visual studio IDE, it is just a source-code editor. 

Of course, you could color print the single page in visual studio 2017, and the VSvsPrint extension also can print it in pdf format.

Note: open a code file, then File/ Print

Any feedback will be expected.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 2:30 AM