none
Cant Install .NET Framework 3.5 RRS feed

• Question

• Recently installed Windows 10 Preview Build 18290 for a clean install.  Installed fine, but one persistent issue is the inability to add .NET Framework 3.5 required by many third-party apps.  When trying to add this feature - either from Windows Features option or using DISM - I consistently get error 0x800F0950.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

J Wadle

Wednesday, December 12, 2018 11:35 PM

All replies

• Hi J Wadle,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Try doing the following it:

Go into RegEdit.exe and set the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU folder.  DoubleClick on UseWUServer(UseWindowsUpdateServer) and change the value to 0.

If the value is already 0 this fix may not work for you.  You may need to restart afterwards.

Looking forwards your reply.

Best Regards

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, December 13, 2018 2:35 AM
  • Thanks for the suggestion, but the key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate

does not appear in my registry.  I'm running Windows 10 Preview Build 18290.

J Wadle

Thursday, December 13, 2018 6:42 PM
  • Hi J Wadle

As I checked the first post you shared, you said some third-party apps showed that need .net 3.5, am I right? So when you run those apps on your PC, have some prompt occurs to lead you install .net 3.5?

The registry path is related to Windows Update. Could you go to Windows Updates to install all pending hotfix there then reboot PC and open “turn Windows feature on or off” to check “.net 3.5” again? after that, check if this path exists or not.

Before you update OS, everything is fine?

So far, sorry for that I have no condition to update my environment or virtual machine to build a same OS like you. I cannot to reproduce your issue temporary.

I will keep research it for a solution until you give a feedback here.

May

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, December 14, 2018 7:54 AM