none
Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel & Word missing RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to add a reference to the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.dll and Microsoft.Interop.Word.dll in Visual Studio 15. I have Office 2013 365 installed and the dll's were not installed. I attempted to download the 2010 Office PIA, but the MSI does not install.

I am hoping someone can help me out.  I read that "If you have Office installed, find the Microsoft Excel XX.X Type and Microsoft Word XX.X Type COM libraries." but am unable to figure this out as well.

I already have the code ready to compile, but I cannot compile because of this issue.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mike

• Edited by Prostang Wednesday, June 8, 2016 8:59 PM
    Wednesday, June 8, 2016 8:58 PM

Answers

• I was able to load the COM reference to my installed Office products and that allowed me to compile the code.  Thanks.
    • Marked as answer by Prostang Friday, June 10, 2016 2:52 PM
    Friday, June 10, 2016 2:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Prostang,

I would recommend you to visit the link below.

How to: Install Office Primary Interop Assemblies

try to install it again and try to add a reference again.

Hope this helps you to solve your issue.

did you got any error when you install 2010 office pia?

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, June 9, 2016 8:05 AM
  • I was able to load the COM reference to my installed Office products and that allowed me to compile the code.  Thanks.
    • Marked as answer by Prostang Friday, June 10, 2016 2:52 PM
    Friday, June 10, 2016 2:52 PM