Attempt to read or write protected memory RRS feed

• Question

• User-1366530971 posted

hi everybody,

i have an application and am using third party dll.when am accessing the application it throws an error (Attempt to read or write protected memory
    ) I have searched in MSDN forum they asked to use hot fix.But when i dowloaded NDP20SP2-KB975954-x86 and installed it is saying error that

"None of the products that are addressed by this software update are installed on this computer. Click Cancel to exit setup." I dont know how to use the Hot fix can any one Help in this case.

Thanks in advance,

N.Naveen

Thursday, June 30, 2011 2:45 AM

All replies

• User-269404413 posted

Naveen,

can you explain what is the scenario and what is ur 3rd party tool so, that we can give some idea.

because this Attempt to read or write protected memory issue is common to many scenarios.

time being try this

Tools->Options Debugging->General uncheck option "Suppress JIT optimization on module load"

Thursday, June 30, 2011 2:57 AM
  • User-1366530971 posted

Ya i tried the idea given by you it is not working. Am using dll provided by the vendor i mean Finger print reader device.i mean am using Active x control.When i try to connect the device It is throwing error in connect method of DLL.Is this information is Enough ?The application works good in my system but it is throwing error in client system.

Thanks in advance

Thursday, June 30, 2011 3:05 AM
  • User-269404413 posted

Naveen,

so, these kind of works while your vendor purchasing this dll definately they got some sample code manual. first read that and follow that instructions.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 4:03 AM