Infopath 2010 drop downs not properly rendering in IE8 or previous versions RRS feed

• Question

• I have InfoPath 2010 browser forms with drop downs. Problem is that the values in the drop downs have width larger than the actual width of the drop down control, which is rendered correctly in IE10 compatibility but not in previous versions. Any solution to this ?

Dhaval Raval

Monday, March 18, 2013 4:55 PM

Answers

• Hi as there are 6-7 drop downs (horizintally) in a repeating table and all of them contain large text so that I cant consider changing the size, cutting the length of the options -- it is already being cut by the browser, adding filter will not work because all the options are having large text. I tried to change the CSS properties of <Option> elements to have larger width but it doesnt work either so we decided to have numbers in the drop down options and hidden section containing description of the numbers which can be expanded or collapsed by the user.

Dhaval Raval

Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:53 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I understand that the drop downs on a browser form doesn’t render properly in IE8 or previous version. As far as I know, SharePoint support IE7 or later versions. But there are limitations for 64-bit IE, you need to use 32-bit IE to open the forms.

Here is another workaround, you can change the size for the drop down control in InfoPath designer. Or cut the length of the options in the drop down control. Add filters for the drop down control to not render too much options.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Entan MingModerator Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:07 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by DelIT Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:47 PM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:33 AM
  • Hi as there are 6-7 drop downs (horizintally) in a repeating table and all of them contain large text so that I cant consider changing the size, cutting the length of the options -- it is already being cut by the browser, adding filter will not work because all the options are having large text. I tried to change the CSS properties of <Option> elements to have larger width but it doesnt work either so we decided to have numbers in the drop down options and hidden section containing description of the numbers which can be expanded or collapsed by the user.

Dhaval Raval

Thursday, March 28, 2013 12:53 PM