AsyncOperationWithProgressCompletedHandler: error "incomplete type is not allowed"

Question

• I was trying to compile the "Building your first Windows Metro style app" example at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/br211380.aspx.

I have:

// ...
    using namespace Platform;
    using namespace Windows::Foundation;
    using namespace Windows::Web::Syndication;
    // ...

void MainPage::GetFeedAsync(String^ feedUriString)
    {	
    	// ...
    	auto feedOperation = client->RetrieveFeedAsync(ref new Uri(feedUriString));
    	feedOperation->Completed = ref new AsyncOperationWithProgressCompletedHandler<SyndicationFeed^,RetrievalProgress>(this, &MainPage::Feed_Done); // error!
    	// ...	
    }

void MainPage::Feed_Done(IAsyncOperationWithProgress<SyndicationFeed^,RetrievalProgress>^ op) {
    	// ...
    }

I get:

compile error "incomplete type is not allowed" with curly line under AsyncOperationWithProgressCompletedHandler and

compile error "expected a ')'" with curly line under the comma after 'this'.

Thx in advance.

Sunday, December 18, 2011 2:06 PM

Answers

• It was actually "only" IntelliSense that complained (with another weird squiggly line just under the "Windows" and the same IntelliSense error if I said Windows::Foundation::AsyncOperationWithProgressCompletedHandler<SyndicationFeed^,RetrievalProgress> ).

After completing the example it compiled without a hitch, and the squiggles went away without having to change anything.

Sorry if similar IntelliSense problems have been the topic of previous posts (haven't checked in advance because I considered it not applicable).

Case closed.

• Marked as answer by dirkfarmer Sunday, December 18, 2011 8:40 PM
    Sunday, December 18, 2011 8:39 PM