none
Apply item level permissions for multiple document libraries RRS feed

• Question

•  I wanna apply item level permissions for 7 document libraries with different kind of permission levels for different groups.

So, in order to achieve this, should i write 7 different SharePoint projects/solutions or can i combine all these item level permissions [ itemadded event receiver or itemupdated ] in one single VS 2013 SharePoint solution?

Friday, March 17, 2017 11:20 AM

All replies

• I would recommend to create one solution and use ItemAdded / ItemUpdated event receiver. Create one private function which takes list name, user group as input and perform the item level permission operation. Call this private function from the event receiver and pass required parameters.

Keeping one solution will help you to maintain properly.. 

get2pallav
    Please click "Propose As Answer" if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if this post has been useful to you.

Saturday, March 18, 2017 3:20 AM
  • Hi SaMolPP,

Any update?

If the reply helps you, please mark the reply as answer, it will make others who stuck with the similar issue easier to search for valid solutions in this forum.

Best regards,

Patrick

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Saturday, March 25, 2017 5:05 AM
  • i followed creating different solutions for all the doc libs  with separate , WSPs.

i dont know whether it will have any performance issues or will we face any business  rule change in future from customer's side.

But still am not getting how it will work in the real time scenario, if i create all the multiple  doc lib's item event receivers clubbed in a single  event receiver.?

May be in my case,  i have 7 do libs with different item level permissions need to eb applied for the cuurentlistitem when users upload a document. Worried a little bit about this huge "breakroleinheritance" in my site. 

• Edited by SaMolPP Saturday, March 25, 2017 9:20 AM
    Saturday, March 25, 2017 9:18 AM
  • Hi SaMolPP,

Unique permissions for mass list items, yes, it would be a possible performance hit.

It would always be better to take each detail into consideration and talk deep with your customer before developing solutions, which can save you lots of time during the development or the maintenance phase.

Best regards,

Patrick

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, March 27, 2017 2:02 AM