Expose a SOAP service in Logic App RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have many systems using n number of SOAP Services and we are planning to migrate them to Logic Apps without affecting current customers. Is that possible to expose our WCF services in Logic App so that nothing changes but just the endpoints ?
    Monday, June 5, 2017 12:53 PM

Answers

• Hi Baran,

Unfortunately, Logic Apps doesn't have a SOAP trigger (or a SOAP Action) for the matter. The SOAP Connector is still in the backlog (if that is something that you are interested, it should be good to vote and add your scenario here in the user voice entry).

The alternatives right now are:

• Create a proxy SOAP Service to act as a proxy for the logic apps - this service would call the logic apps behind the scenes and make the translation between SOAP and JSON.
    • Use API Management to expose the SOAP endpoints.

Both options would give you a service that can honour your WSDL, so existing applications could just point to them and continue working.

If you have access to API Management, that would be the preferred approach, as it is pure configuration (with potentially some XSLT involved). Otherwise the SOAP Service wouldn't be too hard to create. But I understand that it is not ideal.

I hope this helps, Wagner.

• Marked as answer by Baranee27 Tuesday, June 6, 2017 4:45 PM
    Tuesday, June 6, 2017 11:30 AM

All replies

• Hi, You can use the http connector or API wrapper Class to call your soap service. Below article from Wagner provides a great idea On how to use soap services in logic apps. https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/logicapps/2016/04/07/using-soap-services-with-logic-apps/

Sujith

Monday, June 5, 2017 1:39 PM
  • I am expecting a way to expose my service as SOAP in logic Apps.

say that I have a HTTP service which accepts any format as existing SOAP and exposed. Using the old proxy created in .net or using WCF Basic HTTP adapter, would I be able to call that service ?

• Edited by Baranee27 Monday, June 5, 2017 2:28 PM missed WCF adapter
    Monday, June 5, 2017 2:25 PM
  • HI,

Logic app end point can be exposed as a REST api where you use the verbs like POST, GET etc to trigger your logic app. Any particular reason to keep the protocol to be SOAP? In that case as suggested you will have to write a API wrapper to consume the messages and process them using your SOAP service, migrating from SOAP to the REST should not be difficult as you already have the message structure created for your SOAP service, you just need to change the way in which your service can be evoked.

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Tuesday, June 6, 2017 12:21 AM
  • Hi Baran,

Unfortunately, Logic Apps doesn't have a SOAP trigger (or a SOAP Action) for the matter. The SOAP Connector is still in the backlog (if that is something that you are interested, it should be good to vote and add your scenario here in the user voice entry).

The alternatives right now are:

• Create a proxy SOAP Service to act as a proxy for the logic apps - this service would call the logic apps behind the scenes and make the translation between SOAP and JSON.
    • Use API Management to expose the SOAP endpoints.

Both options would give you a service that can honour your WSDL, so existing applications could just point to them and continue working.

If you have access to API Management, that would be the preferred approach, as it is pure configuration (with potentially some XSLT involved). Otherwise the SOAP Service wouldn't be too hard to create. But I understand that it is not ideal.

I hope this helps, Wagner.

• Marked as answer by Baranee27 Tuesday, June 6, 2017 4:45 PM
    Tuesday, June 6, 2017 11:30 AM
  • Thanks Wagner :)
    Tuesday, June 6, 2017 4:45 PM