none
Poll using BizTalk Adapter packs RRS feed

• Question

• Heya,

Soon I will be working in a BizTalk project which  requires

A) Poll a  SQL table, transform the inbound message and then insert into Oracle table.

B) Poll a Oracle table, transform the inbound message and then insert to SQL table.

(I need to poll three different SQL tables and insert them into three different Oracle tables, similarly I need to poll three different Oracle tables and insert them into three different SQL tables.)

I work in BizTalk 2009 with BizTalk Adapter Pack 2.0.

Please could someone advise me whats the best way to go farward?

Thanks

Shiva S

Shiva Sadayan
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:36 AM

Answers

• Sounds straight forward. So just kick off a scheduled task to run every X hours. i like using the SQL agent job to modify a column value and then have BizTalk poll on that. From there just do your queries and then transforms and then updates on the tables using WCF-SQL and WCF-OracleDB.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:09 PM

All replies

• Sounds straight forward. So just kick off a scheduled task to run every X hours. i like using the SQL agent job to modify a column value and then have BizTalk poll on that. From there just do your queries and then transforms and then updates on the tables using WCF-SQL and WCF-OracleDB.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Tuesday, February 15, 2011 10:09 PM
  • Hi Ben,

Thanks for your response.

Originally I was thinking of writing a stored procedure to poll data from SQL tables.

Until this point I didn’t realize we can poll on a SQL schedule job.

Please could you explain in little more detail as how to poll on a SQL schedule job and what is the difference between using stored procedure and schedule job to poll?

Thanks

Shiva S

Shiva Sadayan
    Wednesday, February 16, 2011 8:04 AM