Associating IAP between Windows Store and Windows Phone apps RRS feed

• Question

• The Windows Phone app I am working on is a port of a Windows Store app which is live in the store. I have set up the app in the dashboard for WP, and associated it with the Windows Store app, which is fine. However the only instructions I can see for associating the IAP are on this page:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsphone/help/jj206721(v=vs.105).aspx

where it says: "If your in-app product is added to an app that was previously associated with a Windows app, or if you plan to associate the app with a Windows app in the future, in-app products that share the same alias in the Windows Store and Windows Phone Store must also share the same type, Consumable or Durable, for example."

But the Windows Store IAP does not have an 'Alias'. You enter the 'Product Id, Price Tier, Product Lifetime and Content Type' for a Windows Store app IAP. You also do not have a 'Type' for the Windows Store, so I guess they are all 'Durable'.

So should we be setting up the IAP with the same 'Product Id' and make sure that the Windows Phone IAP is 'Durable' with the same Lifetime and Price Tier? Would that work, or is there something I am missing here?

Friday, May 30, 2014 3:07 PM

Answers

All replies