Mobile Controls and SmartPhone - links not working RRS feed

• Question

• User1622957740 posted

I'm starting on a small test project here and I'm putting together a very basic Mobile Forms page with Beta 2.

It's basically a static start page with just some text and links. I'm trying to read the the page with the SmartPhone emulator and while the page renders OK I can't navigate to the links on the page.

The page renders fine in IE and can access the links, but in the SmartPhone Emulator where you normally can 'tab' to the next link on the page, nothing happens.

The page is super simple:

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" >
    <body>
        <mobile:Form id="Form1"  Title="Web Store Admin" runat="server"><mobile:Image id="Image1" ImageUrl="../../images/wwWebStore_tiny.gif" Runat="server">
           </mobile:Image>
           <mobile:label id="Title" StyleReference="title" Runat="server">Administration</mobile:label>
            <BR />
            <mobile:Link ID="Link1"  NavigateUrl="ShowInvoices.aspx" Runat="server">Show Orders</mobile:Link>
            <mobile:Link ID="Link2"  NavigateUrl="ApplicationStatus.aspx" Runat="server">Application Status</mobile:Link>
            <mobile:Link ID="Link3" Runat="server" NavigateUrl="ErrorLog.aspx">Show Error Log</mobile:Link>
            </mobile:Form>
    </body>
    </html>

Any ideas why the links wouldn't be accessible?

If I build a standard HTML page (ie. without Mobile controls) the same sort of thing works fine in the emulator.

+++ Rick ---

Saturday, May 21, 2005 7:08 PM

All replies

• User1622957740 posted

Duh...

It actually does work. The emulator was misbehaving and for some reason navigation through the phone buttons didn't work, but using the keyboard works fine.

+++ Rick ---

Saturday, May 21, 2005 11:13 PM