none
Orchestration without a port RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there, 

When I  right click on my orchestration and then dependencies, all I see is a SendPort 

However in Visual Studio there is a  receive port there connected to a Receiv shape:

Why would that be (our developer left us leaving close to none documentation)

God bless you all :)

Monday, February 1, 2016 11:51 AM

Answers

• No, it not directly connecting to the Oracle DB.

There are three types of direct bound ports: MessageBox, self-correlating, and partner orchestration, you need to check what type of implementation is there at your end.

Look into the code or ask the developer for the technical document.

Demystifying Direct Bound Ports

Rachit Sikroria (Microsoft Azure MVP)

Monday, February 1, 2016 12:58 PM

All replies

• Hello,

1) Check the Port Binding in visual studio, ensure its not Direct Port Binding. If it is it will not show up for binding.

2) If the orchestration or the port were copied from another orchestration, then the changes in the namespace can be lost. Remove port and create it again.

3) Its know issue in BizTalk 2010. Refer: IX: "The orchestration has no logical ports" error on the Binding tab for a BizTalk Server 2010 orchestration in BizTalk Server Administration Console.

Apply the latest cumulative update.

4) Check if in the code you are not loading the XML message using Message.LoadXML(). If you are ensure it is not greater than 1MB. 

Monday, February 1, 2016 12:09 PM
  • The same orchestration properties (from the BizTalk Administration Console) would give you the bindings. In those bindings you'd be able to examine the physical receive port associated with the orchestration port. When you're dealing with ports, the bindings will provide you the correct information.

Regards.

Monday, February 1, 2016 12:09 PM
  • Is all ports configured for that orchestration?
    Monday, February 1, 2016 12:11 PM
  • This is a Direct port binding indeed. 

Does it mean that it connects directly to my Oracle DB to pool the data ?

I need to find out which tables / packages is it using so  I would like to see the query.

Monday, February 1, 2016 12:45 PM
  • No, it not directly connecting to the Oracle DB.

There are three types of direct bound ports: MessageBox, self-correlating, and partner orchestration, you need to check what type of implementation is there at your end.

Look into the code or ask the developer for the technical document.

Demystifying Direct Bound Ports

Monday, February 1, 2016 12:58 PM

• Refer the link 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa948913.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396

Monday, February 1, 2016 1:01 PM
  • This is a Direct port binding indeed. 

Does it mean that it connects directly to my Oracle DB to pool the data ?

I need to find out which tables / packages is it using so  I would like to see the query.

Direct Port binding implies that message is been taken from the message box .

Sending a message on a MessageBox direct bound port is equivalent to publishing the message to a message bus—in this case, to the MessageBox database. There can be any number of subscribers for any published message, and if there are no subscribers interested in the message at the time you publish it, a "subscription not found" exception will be thrown.

So with direct bound ports you are working with filter condition of your receive ports and message context property of the incoming message .

Thanks

Abhishek

If this answers your question please mark it accordingly. If this post is helpful, please vote as helpful by clicking the upward arrow mark next to my reply

Monday, February 1, 2016 8:30 PM