Cascading Drop Down list from multiple choice lookup column RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Sharepoint Pros,

I need some help with cascading drop down.

Here is my setup:

Sharepoint Server Enterprise 2010

InfoPath 2010

1. 1 custom list called "Project " with 1 column "Summary" (default).( i can't add images so i will make a sketch using a html table)
      Summary
      Project 1
      Project 2
      Undefined

2. 1 custom list called "Category" with 1 column "Summary" (default) and 1 extra lookup column (with "Allow multiple values" checked) called "Project. This is because 1 category could be assigned to multiple projects.

Summary Project
    Category 1 
    Project 1, Undefined
    Category 2   
    Undefined; Project 2
    Category 3  
    Project 1; Project 2; Undefined

3. 1 custom list called  "Issue" with default "Summary" column, 1 lookup column "Project" and 1 lookup column "Category"

As you probably already figured it out, i need to create cascading drop down lists for the Issue list so that when i select a project from "Projects" drop down, the "Category" drop down fills in with the categories that are allocated to the selected project.

I managed to create the cascading drop down using InfoPath 2010 and they work fine with one problem: In the category drop down, the filter works only for the first project in the multiple values lookup column.

For example, if from the "Project" drop down i select "Undefined", the "Category" drop down only displays "Category 2".

My question is: What can i do so that when i select a project, all categories from that project are displayed?

Thanks for the help,

Alex

• Edited by AlexP32 Tuesday, June 11, 2013 9:24 AM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 8:54 AM

Answers

• Ok, after more struggling, i found my answer :)

Apparently, when filtering the cascading drop down in infopath, if there is a multiple values column in the list, i can select "Any occurence of Value" and it will select any value in from the column.

• Marked as answer by AlexP32 Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:13 AM
    Tuesday, June 11, 2013 11:13 AM