Application Bar doesn't re-size window properly RRS feed

• Question

• Alright, so I think this is a bug in Windows Phone 8 that has been carried over from Windows Phone 7. (See: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-us/wpdevelop/thread/1145e5be-2d4c-4517-9948-5ce88cb15ed8 , Note, not the initial post, but the posts by Darin Rousseau).

If it isn't, please let me know so that I can fix my app...

The application bar, when it landscape mode, reports the wrong width.

This happens when you use opacity 1 and Mode = minimize.

Basically, Create an appbar and set its mode to minimize and its opacity to 1. When in portrait mode, this correctly removes 30 pixels from the main content of the App. However, if you rotate the phone to landscape mode (either direction), the app bar grows because it now shows the buttons. However, it still only reduces the main content space by 30 pixels and thus overlays part of my app.

According to the guide, "If the opacity is set to 1, the displayed page will be resized to be the area of the screen not covered by the App bar." However, in landscape mode the app bar takes up 72 pixels, but only resizes the area not covered by 30 pixels.

Tomas

Friday, February 22, 2013 12:41 AM

Answers

• I was able to verify that the problem still exists.

(I found a note which I though indicated that this had been fixed in 8.0 RTM ... but apparently not.)

-Eric.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:53 PM

All replies

• Is the project in question targeting 'Windows Phone OS 8.0' or 'Windows Phone OS 7.1'?

-Eric.

Monday, February 25, 2013 9:48 PM
  • Windows Phone OS 8.0.
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:17 PM
  • I was able to verify that the problem still exists.

(I found a note which I though indicated that this had been fixed in 8.0 RTM ... but apparently not.)

-Eric.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:53 PM
  • I think a transparent ApplicationBar works better for my app anyway, so it won't affect me for this project. Though glad it's been brought to your attention.

Thanks for your help,

Tomas Hofmann

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 12:24 AM