none
FSLogix - VHD disk increases rapidly RRS feed

• Question

• We are using FSLogix to get access to onedrive in our Horizon non-presisten (instantclone) VDI, and i have configured GPO so OneDrive will be configured for users during logon, and it seems to work fine. But my problem is that the VHD disk increases rapidly, and when you delete files, the disk remains large. Is there any possibility that the disk is dynamic and takes up less space when deleting files that are on the disk?

I want this to work so that the onedrive only appears with "File on demand", and if a file is used / downloaded, it will end up in the cloud when the user logs out. Is it possible to configure it this way?

I fear that when this goes into production and that I need to have large storage devices to handle all users' on-drive "locally"

Wednesday, March 25, 2020 2:35 PM

All replies

• Hi the File on demand part Works if configured correctly the problem is that the vhd(x) extedns automaticaly but never shrinks but there are scripts for that to fix it Here is one of Them : 

https://github.com/FSLogix/Invoke-FslShrinkDisk/blob/master/Invoke-FslShrinkDisk.ps1

You Will have to shedule it to run for all Disks once a week or daily (depends what You prefer) there is also another for shrinking the vdh(x) as well if this above doesnt Work but i couldnt find it right now. 

Friday, April 24, 2020 9:39 PM