The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Active Directory!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

Need to bypass MFA for a service Account when Conditional access is applied on entire Azure AD RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am facing an issue currently in bypassing the MFA requirement for a service account created . I have conditional access applied over the entire organisation which enforces all the users to use MFA while login. I have a requirement to create a service account with bypassing the MFA for that particular account account. I am unable to find a way to do it. Please share any solution if available.

Regards

Jayesh

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 6:57 AM

All replies

• You can add the Service Principal to the same MFA Conditional Policy you currently have in place to the "Exclusion List"

In this part of the document, instead of creating a new policy - Edit the existing policy. Then on Step 8 (that is mentioned), select the Users and then select the Service Principal.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 12:57 PM
  • Just checking in to see if you were able to get this resolved.

Please take a moment to "Mark as Answer" and/or "Vote as Helpful" wherever applicable. Thanks!

Friday, November 1, 2019 9:26 PM