compiling accdb fails - too many tableID references RRS feed

• Question

• I have an accdb in 2010 and want to compile it for distribution. It keeps failing and the only help I get is that I have to many TableID refs. It says if your Db has 500 tables.... I only have 14 tables, 15 querys, 14 forms, 13 reports and 5 modules - hardly what I would call a large database. Any ideas whats going on and what I have to do to get it to compile.?.  Does the size of the individual tables have any bearing on this?   I didn't create a backend because I don't expect the Db to grow very large.  I only have < 1,000 records in the 'Donors' table after 2 years.

Thanx,  Gil

Tuesday, May 17, 2016 12:52 AM

Answers

• Thanx Ed,  That worked - I think I had this problem before, but I forgot what to do.

Gil

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 2:07 PM

All replies

• Hi Gil,

I have experienced this error ago, and my issue is caused by that there are errors in my code in the database. I suggest you follow steps below:

1. Open Access database, and go to VBA windows by Alt+F11
    2. Debug->Compile, compile your database
    3. If you have any errors, fix these errors
    4. Save your database, and then try to create accde file again.

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016 5:34 AM
  • Thanx Ed,  That worked - I think I had this problem before, but I forgot what to do.

Gil

Tuesday, May 31, 2016 2:07 PM