none
Unresonable reason for failing to approve our submission

Question

• Recently we changed our app to retarget to Win8.1. That is the only change for this release version. However, the submission got rejected 5 times by reviewers with alternatively citing reason 1 and reason 2 below.

Reason 1) Age and market rating

Reason 2) not localizing snapshot.

For reason 1), actully we removed the market that need special rating program in FIRST version release and NEVER chagned that. Don't understand why this time get rejected by this reason. And it is Never specified which country's market we violate.

For reason 2), we explained many time in the notes but it seems ingored. We keep some keywords as english even in non-english version because our app have built in Bing search engine which doesn't give good result for non-english keywords. To have a better functionality, we keep it english.

Can you help?

Great Wall

• Edited by GXLPower Thursday, April 3, 2014 10:23 PM
    Thursday, April 3, 2014 10:22 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

I can't really help you but i used to publish a few apps and to deal with the submission process.

1. Age rating is not only about market/country laws, if you publish an app that can be seen as too violent for kids for example, event if legally it's ok, it won't feet the Microsofts standards. Myabe you should think about setting a higher age limitation, much appropriated to your app content.

2. You will not be able to publish it without solving this issue.

You have only 2 solutions:
     - Remove this language from your App
     - Translate it correctly and integrally. 

I had the same issue and finally used to remove some languages, clearly MS don't wan't the mess that we can see for ex. under Android: thousands of apps poorly translated (bing translate and google translator are not made to replace a real translation, reviewed by a skilled human), this kind of apps degrade the image of the store, and give a poor quality sensation to the customers.

App publishing was easier a year ago, stricter today, that's certainly why your app was accepted in the past.

Good luck for your Apps!

Friday, April 4, 2014 8:02 PM
  • Hello,

Without seeing your app and which markets you have selected, I am unable to provide specifics. However, I would suggest reviewing the Age Ratings page for detailed information on the age ratings and rating boards.

Additionally, you can review more about localization in these Guidelines for globalization.

If you are still having an issue with this, please do submit a support request to have a Support Agent review your app's certification results and offer further guidance.

Thanks for the post!

-Jonathan

Windows Store Developer Support

Office Store Developer Support

Friday, April 11, 2014 4:29 AM