Product Service mapping to be loaded at runtime RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I receive a request from my order management system which has some product information. Based on this product, i need to pick up the services that have to be provisioned. Also i Need to know the which methods of the services have to be called.

What is the best way of doing this?

One option that i have:

1. OHSBE receives request from OMS.

2. OHSBE sends request to Service Logic.

3. Service Logic sends a request to Product Service Mapping (which can be implementd as web service) and returns an XML.Can this service also return me actions?

4. and then Service Logic calls various services.

Services to be called is determined at run time. How can Service Logic be modelled for the same? using C# or using BizTalk?

Any help is appreciated. Please treat this as urgent.

T. G.

Tuesday, October 17, 2006 12:01 PM

Answers

• Hello Tirath,

The message flow sequence with respect to the OHSBE can be found in OHSBE Development guide.

Following is brief flow of Order Request Message from OMS:

1. Request from OMS is received by OHSBE.
    2. OHSBE gets the properties of the OMS from ServiceCatalog. If there are any credentials required for responding to the OMS, OHSBE gets those from IDM Service.
    3. Later it sends SubmitOrderResponse containing the RequestUUID to the OMS.
    4. OHSBE stores the order request in the DB.
    5. OHSBE monitor windows service picks up the order request from the DB.
    6. OHSBE Monitor calls the Product Service Mapping (PSM) to get the Services involved in the product.
    7. PSM responds by send the Service UUIDs of the Services involved in the product in QueryServicesForProductResponse to OHSBE. Note: The OrchestrationUUID in QueryServicesForProductResponse must contain the proper UUID for the ServiceLogic.
    8. OHSBE on receiving the response from PSM, queries ServiceCatalog by sending Service UUID to get the properties of each service (like URL, Policy etc.).
    9. After receiving the response from ServiceCatalog, it create a Session Manifest. It then submits the SessionManifest to the SessionManagerAdmin service for creating a CSF Session.
    10. On receiving the response from Session, it sends the Activation payload to the session. Session routes the ActivationPayload to the ServiceLogic.

Service logic can be modelled using either C# or BizTalk 2006. I am not sure which one is the better option.

Hope that answers your queries.

Regards,

Vikram

Thursday, October 19, 2006 5:51 AM