Not working - Walkthrough: Preventing Code Defects using Test Impact Analysis RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I carefully followed the walkthrough procedure and the TI view never displays any impacted tests? I'm using the October CTP. Are there any other reports of problems with this walkthrough/feature?
    Bob Hardister
    Monday, April 13, 2009 10:26 PM

All replies

• Me again, just wanted to say that I tried this walk through from a fresh VPC of the CTP and no-go.  Was this not suppose to be in the documentation?  I'd like to know if it is suppose to work, or if anyone got it to work?  Thanks :)
    Bob Hardister
    Wednesday, April 15, 2009 7:19 PM
  • Friday, April 17, 2009 12:34 AM
  • Hi Euan, I reviewed the blog, checked the solution and was not able to be successful. The existing team builds are not setup for this solution and I was not able to update the team build so that it would build successfully with the solution specified in the walk through document.  Can you confirm what the requirements are in order for test impact analysis to work?  it appears to require:

• The solution loaded
    • A successfull team build that successfully built the tests
    • The configuration of the team build as specified by the blog you referenced

Also, I never could find where to specify in the localtestrun.config file to "published impacted tests analysis"

Bob :(

Bob Hardister
    Monday, April 20, 2009 8:12 PM