none
Reg C# RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a table in Excel for that chart is in Powerpoint.If any change in table It should reflect in Power point chart.How to do that in c#?

Thnks in Advance. 

• Moved by Lie You Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:58 AM (From:Visual C# Language)
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 4:48 AM

Answers

• I suppose you can do it in Office without using C#.

That's absolutely correct.

Hi Ajarwe,

How you insert the chart into your presentation? I guess that you click "Insert Chart" of Insert tab, and then select the data from source workbook for the inserted chart.

Well, I think you need have a try of this:

Open the source workbook, create a chart on the workbook as the style you want to show on your presentation. Then copy the whole chart and paste into your presentation.

You will see the "Refresh Data" button is enable now for the chart which generate in this manner.

You now have two features for the chart in your presentation:

1. keep the workbook and presentation open, make some changes in your source workbook. The chart in the presentation will update automatically, which I thing is what you asked to.
    2. Close the presentation, make some changes in the workbook. Save the workbook and close it. Open the presentation again, click the "Refresh Data" button, you will see the chart being updated without the workbook opening.
    I hope this helps.
    Best Regards, Calvin Gao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Saturday, October 22, 2011 2:46 PM

All replies

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer". If this post is helpful please click "Mark as Helpful".
    My blog: http://csharptips.wordpress.com
    Saturday, October 15, 2011 12:58 PM
  • ya.. But my project is i have to write coding for that...Can I do that using VBA?If possible how to do that?

Monday, October 17, 2011 4:32 AM
  • You can...

It better to move the topic to proper place.

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer". If this post is helpful please click "Mark as Helpful".
    My blog: http://csharptips.wordpress.com
    Monday, October 17, 2011 6:06 AM
  • I moved it to this for a good discussion.

Thanks for your understanding and suport.

Best Regards,
    Rocky Yue[MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011 1:59 AM
  • Hi Ajarwe

Which version of Office are you targeting?

Is the only task you have to do picking up the Excel data for the PowerPoint chart?

Are you interacting with the user in any way for this task? If yes, in what environment (Windows Form, within PowerPoint, something else)?

Cindy Meister, VSTO/Word MVP
    Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:12 AM

That's absolutely correct.

Hi Ajarwe,

How you insert the chart into your presentation? I guess that you click "Insert Chart" of Insert tab, and then select the data from source workbook for the inserted chart.

Well, I think you need have a try of this:

Open the source workbook, create a chart on the workbook as the style you want to show on your presentation. Then copy the whole chart and paste into your presentation.

You will see the "Refresh Data" button is enable now for the chart which generate in this manner.

You now have two features for the chart in your presentation:

1. keep the workbook and presentation open, make some changes in your source workbook. The chart in the presentation will update automatically, which I thing is what you asked to.
    2. Close the presentation, make some changes in the workbook. Save the workbook and close it. Open the presentation again, click the "Refresh Data" button, you will see the chart being updated without the workbook opening.
    I hope this helps.
    Best Regards, Calvin Gao [MSFT]

Saturday, October 22, 2011 2:46 PM