Problems developing an Html Web page builder RRS feed

• Question

• User-1204637165 posted

There all so I have an application that am building. I am building with asp.net mvc. This application is a simple tool that is suppose to help businesses easily create a Website.

So intead of using wordpress I am giving them a simplier and easy to use toool.  I have built every part of the application. But the aspect of creating web page content on the web page body is were am having projects.

I dont have a good approach to create the system in a way that site content shows very well. I am using the WYSIWG Box for my webpage body content. I am also saving html content inside a string Column called Content.

But when I render the page on the screen. It most times does not show components well. Images not properly aligned e.t.c.

Please does any one have any idea on how to solve this problem. Are there open source tools or plugin that I can install to fix this in nuget.

What database table structure do you think I can use for this approach.

Best Regards,

JIde.

Thursday, January 17, 2019 12:52 PM

All replies

• User1724605321 posted

Hi InspiredJide,

How do you store the content in database ? Store  with RAW HTML without any encoding or sanitizing ? And how do you show the content after fetching from database ?

Best Regards,

Nan Yu

Friday, January 18, 2019 3:06 AM
  • User-1204637165 posted

I store has raw html. I collect values from the WYSHWY Box and send it directly into the database. I rap my model string with [AllowHtml] so it can pass html values to the database.

So just to be clearer, the problem is not an issue of content not displaying. But it an issue me not having the right arrangement of the content been displayed to give a fine web page.

So am currently trying to work arround a UI pattern were an individual using my design tool can add page content in sections (I mean rows). So I modeled my web page to have 1 to 4 columns in a row.

A an individual can add page content by adding new rows and determine what he wants to be in a column of the row. either text or image. So in my db I have a table that stores values for this columns per row. So when am displaying I strictly render with the boostrap row format to give a better display. I am still coding and testing. Would give feedback on my new approach.

Thanks alot.

Friday, January 18, 2019 9:49 AM
  • User475983607 posted
    IMO, the layout would have been the first design feature. Then you would follow the HTML design interface. Trying to make the HTML work after the fact is not realistic.
    Sunday, January 20, 2019 8:39 PM
  • User-1204637165 posted

Ok I agree,  do you a better approach on how I can handle the layout. I am using summernote editor

Sunday, January 20, 2019 9:27 PM
  • User475983607 posted

Ok I agree,  do you a better approach on how I can handle the layout. I am using summernote editor

SummerNote is WYSIWYG editor and has nothing to do enforcing a layout design.  It sounds like you want to enforce the layout and/or create HTML templates  This is a feature that you must design and write.  You can't get this feature from a simple WYSIWYG editor, at least not out-of-the-box.  Frankly, this is a lot of work and requires expert knowledge of HTML and CSS.

Sunday, January 20, 2019 10:25 PM