none
Miocrosoft .NET Framework 3.0 Setup Error RRS feed

• General discussion

• After I Install I get this error:
    EventType : wap10setup     P1 : 13855     P2 : 3.0.04506.30_waprtm_x86_sfx    
    P3 : mc     P4 : inst     P5 : f    
    P6 : dd_ca_installxwsregexe_x86.3643236f_fc70_11d3     P7 : 0     P8 : 1603
    P9 : -     P10 : windows communic

I checked Log in Temp File and got this:
    [07/26/09,20:47:10] Windows Communication Foundation: [2] Error: Installation failed for component Windows Communication Foundation. MSI returned error code 1603
    [07/26/09,20:48:48] WapUI: [2] DepCheck indicates Windows Communication Foundation is not installed.

I've Tried...

- Giving Permission to registry file
    - Rebooting
    - .Net Framework clean-up tool
    • Edited by Nick Hare Monday, July 27, 2009 1:10 AM
    • Changed type YiChun Chen Friday, July 31, 2009 4:08 AM Do not follow up
    Monday, July 27, 2009 1:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Nick,

More clarification:
    What's your OS?

For Vista, Windows Server 2008 or Windows 7, you don't need to manually install .NET Framework 3.0 since they include the .NET Framework 3.0 as OS components. 3.0 can be added or removed via the Programs and Features control panel.

For XP or Windows Server 2003, could you please try to use collect tool to collect the log files of .NET Framework 3.0 from your "%temp%" folder?
    http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx

You can upload your log files to SkyDrive and post the link back here.

Steps:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder
    - Install .NET Framework 3.0
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
    - Upload vslogs.cab file

Thanks
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Thursday, July 30, 2009 9:12 AM typo
    Tuesday, July 28, 2009 9:26 AM
  • Hi Nick,
    At first if your OS is Vista or win 7 you don't need to install .net framework 3.0
    second : your error in installation package , you must download and install it from Microsoft download center.

.net framework setup URL: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=333325fd-ae52-4e35-b531-508d977d32a6&DisplayLang=en
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    my best wishes for you
    ----Mohamed Elghamry----

Tuesday, July 28, 2009 8:55 PM
  • Hi Nick,

We are changing the issue type to “Comment” because you have not followed up with the necessary information. If you have more time to look at the issue and provide more information, please feel free to change the issue type back to “Question” by editing your initial post and changing the radio button at the top of the post editor window. If the issue is resolved, we will appreciate it if you can share the solution so that the answer can be found and used by other community members having similar questions.

Thank you!
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    Friday, July 31, 2009 4:08 AM