Don´t open .cube file in excel RRS feed

• Question

• Hi people,

I needs your help. I have one problem in my work.

I have one process in SSIS and it generate files (.cube) and save the files in sharepoint folders.

I have users that when opening files in excel can explore the values ​​and others can not see anything.

There is a user who opens the file on the computer that the company is in the network and can not see values ​​file (. Cube) but if he opens the same file on the personal computer he can already see.

Both computers are excel 2007.

I try open the file in my machine with excel 2010, and i open without problems.

Can someone help me?

Thanks People

Thursday, February 13, 2014 12:03 AM

Answers

• Hi Diogo,

In your description, one of the users cannot see values when he open the .cube file on the company computer, however he can see the values when opening it on his personal computer. In this case, the issue cannot be related to permission issue. According to that other users can see the values when opening the file without any problems, then the issue can be related the version of the Office or the computer settings. Please apply the latest hotfix for Office 2007 on that computer.
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2596538

It seems that the issue is not related to .cube file since the file can be open without any problem. If the issue persists, you can post the issue on the excel forum, so that you can get more help.

Regards,

Charlie Liao
    TechNet Community Support

• Proposed as answer by Charlie Liao Sunday, February 23, 2014 12:24 PM
    • Marked as answer by Charlie Liao Monday, February 24, 2014 1:25 AM
    Friday, February 14, 2014 6:18 AM