none
App goes to previous SourceLocation no matter what. Cache problem? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi;

I've done some work locally (Task pane app) then published web component to a server and changed SourceLocation in manifest to see if it works. It did, then I wanted to try more stuff locally so I've changed it back to ~remoteAppUrl/App/Home/Home.html yet when start debugger it still goes back to web server.

What am I missing?

Is there a way to delete cache for Apps for Office. When I open Word and select My Apps under Add ribbon, I see all apps I've been working on (locally).

Thanks

Bogac

Sunday, August 9, 2015 8:17 AM

Answers

• Hi Bogac Guven,

The Office add-ins( apps for Office) contain two parts, web application and menifest. If we are debuging it from local, there is no cach for the menifest. However if you created mutiple web application with same name, there may some confict when them were deployed in IIS express.

You can check it via the config like figure below:

If you still have the issue about IIS Express, you can get more effective response from forum below:

IIS 7 and Above

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Bogac Guven Saturday, August 15, 2015 8:54 AM
    Friday, August 14, 2015 8:02 AM

All replies

• Ok, I may have found the problem. I have another test project with same name, and basically Word was picking SourceLocation from that one.

I'd still would like to know how to delete all (and their cache) "Developer Apps" that show up under My Apps dropdown.

Thanks

Sunday, August 9, 2015 8:49 AM
  • Hi Bogac Guven,

As far as I know we can clear the cache of IE by 'Internet Options->Browsing history->Delete...'. And to delete the Office add-ins(apps for Office) on the server side, we can login in the developing site we were developing then remove the Office add-ins like figure below:

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Monday, August 10, 2015 6:57 AM
  • Thanks Fei;

I'm doing development locally, just start VS and debug. No Sharepoint or Office 365 app store behind.

Bogac

Thursday, August 13, 2015 6:59 AM
  • Hi Bogac Guven,

The Office add-ins( apps for Office) contain two parts, web application and menifest. If we are debuging it from local, there is no cach for the menifest. However if you created mutiple web application with same name, there may some confict when them were deployed in IIS express.

You can check it via the config like figure below:

If you still have the issue about IIS Express, you can get more effective response from forum below:

IIS 7 and Above

Regards & Fei

• Marked as answer by Bogac Guven Saturday, August 15, 2015 8:54 AM
    Friday, August 14, 2015 8:02 AM