none
Enable refresh button to continue editing word document on Office Online Server RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have issue with Office Online Server editing. I can edit docx but if i keep open editing mode and write back after 2/3 hour office online show Sorry, your changes weren't saved.  I set access toke expiration time 24 hours. Is it a problem WOPI Host app goes idle after some times?
    I there any way to enable refresh button after error occurred?

x-usersessionid: 400c6144-3eaf-416b-a2c3-f9e835b6c90a

changes not save

Thursday, April 2, 2020 11:41 PM

All replies

• Hi Najrul:

I have alerted the open specifications team regarding your inquiry. A member of the team will be in touch soon.

Regards, Obaid Farooqi

Saturday, April 4, 2020 12:50 AM
    Owner
  • Hi Najrul 

First question, is what are you actually integrating with Office Online or Office Online Server (on-premise)? If you are using the on-premise version, then this is the right place to ask the question.

Second question, do you get this error right-a-way when saving. Or it would only happened after couple hours of idling?

Can you provide a fiddler trace of the conversation between your host and Office Online Server when the error occurred? That would help to determine what is happening. Just send it to dochelp@microsoft.com, referencing the URL for this thread and my name and I will take a look.

Thank you very much

Hung-Chun Yu
    Escalation Engineer 
    Microsoft Open Specifications

HungChun Yu (MSFT)

Saturday, April 4, 2020 3:59 AM
  • Hi Najrul

We believed this is related to your implementation of locks but in order to confirm this we would need a trace. Please let me know if you can provide this, otherwise, I'll assume you have resolved it.

Regarding 're-enable' the refresh button, without reloading the page, there isn't a way to re-enable the refresh button.

HungChun Yu (MSFT)

Thursday, April 9, 2020 8:41 PM