How to enable new threads on Desktop RRS feed

• Question

• User248267340 posted

Here at work I have a desktop, and when I start up my browser (Firefox) I just navigate to the asp.net forum, and voila! I'm ready to create threads and reply.

Everything is persisted and I don't need to log in every time - it's all set.

However, on my desktop at home nothing is set up for using the forum. I assumed I would need to log in to get cookies rolling, etc. but nothing I tried

worked. I logged in to my Microsoft account but nothing changed and I couldn't start any threads, or reply to anything.

What am I forgetting? Is there an info sheet somewhere that will remind me how to get my desktop set up for forums? I thought this was going to be simple,

maybe even a URL to click on in order to log in, but I don't see anything!

I'll take the heat - I know I'm forgetting something so basic it will be embarrassing!

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 3:43 PM

Answers

• User409696431 posted

What browser are you using at home?   The only difficulty I've had when logging into the asp.net site and not having that recognized by the forum (which is what it sounds like you are describing?) was in Internet Explorer, where it happened enough to be quite annoying.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 4, 2019 12:52 AM

All replies

• User409696431 posted

What browser are you using at home?   The only difficulty I've had when logging into the asp.net site and not having that recognized by the forum (which is what it sounds like you are describing?) was in Internet Explorer, where it happened enough to be quite annoying.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, September 4, 2019 12:52 AM
  • User61956409 posted

Hi coreysan,

I logged in to my Microsoft account but nothing changed and I couldn't start any threads, or reply to anything.

Do you mean that you have logged into your forum account, but you still can not create thread and post reply at home?  Are you using same account as you are using at work?

With Regards,

Fei Han

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 3:00 AM
  • User248267340 posted

I am so confused, but the thing works great now.

Suddenly I could click on "reply" and it took me to the log in.

Apparently the last time I used this forum I don't recall needing an asp.net username. So I went through all the additional

steps and it's working great now!

Thanks so much Kathy, and to Fei. Thank you both for caring. Please forgive me - it was very confusing for a few days. I still don't know why

it suddenly started working!

Wednesday, September 4, 2019 4:09 AM