What Microsoft GameComponents can we expect? RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to get some indication what Microsoft developed 'GameComponents' might be included as part of the final release of GSE?  I would like to create some re-usable game components myself, but I'd prefer not to spend a lot of time on game components that will eventually be released by Microsoft. 

Some game components I'm wondering about:

Input Components
    Camera Components
    Framerate Components
    Drawing Components (both 2D and 3D)
    etc...

Thanks.

Monday, September 11, 2006 1:26 PM

Answers

• If you've taken a look at Mitch's video on our team blog, he's demoed a few of the ones you mention above, that said we do not have a list of ones we plan to release at this time. If you have suggestions for components we should make available, please file them through Connect.

Thanks!

Monday, September 11, 2006 5:08 PM

All replies

• Components really seem to make things go much easier, I am working on a port of a game I did in java and things really seem to be coming together really quickly after a short time making components. I figure why not program components it will save you time on other projects and the components do what you want them to do, nothing extra like a general purpose one would.

Monday, September 11, 2006 1:42 PM
  • If you've taken a look at Mitch's video on our team blog, he's demoed a few of the ones you mention above, that said we do not have a list of ones we plan to release at this time. If you have suggestions for components we should make available, please file them through Connect.

Thanks!

Monday, September 11, 2006 5:08 PM
  • I have post a couple of questions in Mitch's Blog a few days ago but none of them were displayed (don't know why).

So, today I have posted a new question which I will post also here just in case: in Mitch's example about 'GameServices', he includes the following method:

private void LoadContent()
    {
        this.font = new Font(this.graphics.GraphicsDevice, "Components", "Comic Sans MS_16");
    }

Are fonts now supported in XNA GSE?

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 1:05 AM