web application force Enable right click > open in a new tab/window on menu actions RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

I have a web application in spring boot, i was wondering if its possible to open a new tab of my application using Windows menu (Enable right click > open in a new tab/window on menu actions) trough my Javascript files  (IE11)

Any advice would be helpful, 

Thank you very much

Pilar

Friday, May 15, 2020 5:14 PM

All replies

• Hi PilarB,

Do you mean you want to add a option in a Internet explorer right click (context menu) to open your app in new tab using JS?

If yes, There is no option to add option in context menu directly using JS.

You may need to develop extension for the IE to add an option in context menu.

You need to install this extension on every machine where you want to have this option.

References:

1. Internet Explorer Browser Extensions

2. Adding Entries to the Standard Context Menu

Let me know, if I misunderstand anything from your above description. I will try to correct myself.

Regards,

Deepak

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, May 18, 2020 9:53 AM