Device Manager 2011 - Error in the logfile when deploying a registry configuration package RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I think i may have find a little glitch in Device Manager 2011 when I try to deploya package to configure a registry key.
    First, let me say that the deployment is successfull but in the logfile execmgr.log it says that there is an error.

What I have done :
    1) I created a Configuration Item for a registry settings.
    As registry key, I wrote : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon
    As value name, I wrote : ICTRA
    As data type, I selected : String value
    As value, I wrote : 411

2) I created the Configuration Package
    I selected the Item create at the point 1

3) I advertised the Configuration Package

The glitch is that the package is well executed on the machine and it works but in the logfile execmgr.log, I can see the error 'Invalid command line, quotes not properly closed in the command line'
    The program executed by the system is this :
    Executing program EDMProvisioningRegistry.exe -Key:"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon" -Value:"ICTRA" -Type:REG_SZ -Data:"411" -bypassWoW:yes" in Admin context
    And indeed, you can see that there is a " sign at the end.

In the configuration Manager console, if I go to the program of this package, I look at the properties, in the command line option I can see : EDMProvisioningRegistry.exe -Key:"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon" -Value:"ICTRA" -Type:REG_SZ -Data:"411" -bypassWoW:yes"
    and you can see that the line is ended by a "
    It is DeviceManager who added the " sign at the end of the command line, not me. I have created mutliple packages to change a lot of registry keys and the sign " is always at the end (there is no " sign at the begining of the line)

I know that as the deployment is successfull I should not bother with the logfiles but for the people doing the support it may be misleading to see these errors.

Marc.

Thursday, June 16, 2011 1:47 PM