none
My "solution explorer" and "toolbox" have disappeared! I cannot find them in the View menu or nay other menu item. Where might I look.

Question

• My "solution explorer" and "toolbox" have disappeared!

I cannot find them in the View menu or any other menu item. Where might I look.

I have reset my settings in Tools to no avail.

Any Help Please.

Tom De Stefano

Tom De Stefano

Monday, August 29, 2016 10:46 PM

Answers

• Hi JECHONIAH,

According to your description, please refer to the following steps to troubleshot your issue:

1). we should reset the Window Layout through clicking menu Window-> Reset Window Layout. Please refer to the following screenshot:

2). Please restart your machine and disable all anti-virus software. Then start your VS to observe whether it appears.

3). If you have installed third party add-ins in your VS, please start your VS in safe mode (devenv /SafeMode), which could prevent all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 10:30 AM

All replies

• Hi JECHONIAH,

According to your description, please refer to the following steps to troubleshot your issue:

1). we should reset the Window Layout through clicking menu Window-> Reset Window Layout. Please refer to the following screenshot:

2). Please restart your machine and disable all anti-virus software. Then start your VS to observe whether it appears.

3). If you have installed third party add-ins in your VS, please start your VS in safe mode (devenv /SafeMode), which could prevent all third-party VSPackages from loading when Visual Studio starts, thus ensuring stable execution.

Sincerely,

Oscar

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place. Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 30, 2016 10:30 AM
  • Thank You Oscar. That worked fine.

Thanks again

Jeconiah

Tom De Stefano

Wednesday, August 31, 2016 5:35 PM
  • Hi JECHONIAH,

Glad to know that you have resolved this issue. If a reply that helpful for you, would you please mark it as the answer. So it would be helpful for other members who meet the same issue as yours.

Sincerely,

Oscar

Thursday, September 01, 2016 1:06 AM