CQRS in interactive processing situations RRS feed

• Question

• I am working on a conversion project from ASP to new supportable technologies at work. All the latest techniques are being employed, but I worry one may be being used when it shouldn't.

One of the pages we have actually communicates with another system. In essense it acts like a service. The data proxied out to a different service, saved in the database, any errors are reported back to the user, and later this data is used for reporting. This process now takes about 3 seconds, but most the time

The approach being used is to break this up via a CQRS model. The new service would take the request, do a .Send to queue the request, and immediately return to the user. No errors reported. The subscriber is single threaded, no pooling, and will handle the call to the remote system.

Now, my worry is, and maybe this is where I need some help understanding. Before if 5 users were on the system, and they did 10 data entries, after 30 seconds plus data entry time they would be able to do a report on all their data.

Now, the user should be able to enter all data points as quickly as the data entry takes. But all 5 users will have their data in one queue, and with the subscriber being single threaded, won't this now take 150 seconds before all data is in the remote system and ready for reporting? What is it that I am missing with this scenario? And if there was an error with the data entry (such as the data point being outside the standard deviation) then how do you report that back to the user?

I'm just worried that we are inappropriate applying a modeling technique where it really shouldn't be applied simply because it is the latest best practice.

Friday, July 16, 2010 12:38 AM

All replies

• Hello there,

You can use .net remoting or WCF .

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Phijo Mathew Philip.

PHIJO MP
    Thursday, September 23, 2010 12:59 PM