App Icons iOS 13 RRS feed

• Question

• User365628 posted

Hello,

can anybody tell me how to provide App Icons for iOS 13? I can'T upload my App because Xcode complaints that the App Icons are missing?

Thursday, November 14, 2019 4:40 PM

Answers

• User53115 posted

When you create a new solution, your iOS project should automatically include an Asset Catalog.

Double-click Assets to open the file, then select AppIcon. Click on the 3 dots to select an image for each size/resolution.

You will need multiple versions of your icon at various sizes/resolutions. You can use this link, or just open the file Assets.xcassets\AppIcon.appiconset\Contents.json in your iOS project in a text editor to figure out the appropriate sizes for each one.

Each image should be a square PNG file, with the size multiplied by the scale, so for example the iPad App section looks like this in Contents.json:

{ "scale": "1x", "size": "76x76", "idiom": "ipad", "filename": "Icon76.png" }, { "scale": "2x", "size": "76x76", "idiom": "ipad", "filename": "Icon152.png" },

As you can tell by the filenames, the 1x version is 76x76 and the 2x version is double that, 152x152.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 5:47 PM

All replies

• User53115 posted

When you create a new solution, your iOS project should automatically include an Asset Catalog.

Double-click Assets to open the file, then select AppIcon. Click on the 3 dots to select an image for each size/resolution.

You will need multiple versions of your icon at various sizes/resolutions. You can use this link, or just open the file Assets.xcassets\AppIcon.appiconset\Contents.json in your iOS project in a text editor to figure out the appropriate sizes for each one.

Each image should be a square PNG file, with the size multiplied by the scale, so for example the iPad App section looks like this in Contents.json:

{ "scale": "1x", "size": "76x76", "idiom": "ipad", "filename": "Icon76.png" }, { "scale": "2x", "size": "76x76", "idiom": "ipad", "filename": "Icon152.png" },

As you can tell by the filenames, the 1x version is 76x76 and the 2x version is double that, 152x152.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, June 3, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2019 5:47 PM
  • User365628 posted

Hello JoeManke,

thank you, i found the issue:

I was using an Asset catolog for my App Icons and declared it via this line: <key>XSAppIconAssets</key> <string>Media.xcassets/AppIcons.appiconset</string> But it is important that you don't declare an BundleIcon if you use an Asset Catalog.

The following line must be removed if using an Asset Catalog: <key>CFBundleIconName</key> <string>AppIcons</string>

Monday, November 18, 2019 7:00 AM